Have you been sitting down all day, in your car or in the office? Has your lower back become stiff or sore? You might consider doing this McKenzie Press-Up.
It’s a great stretch to do slowly to ease tension in your lower back.
Below are instructions and an image of what it should look like. If you would like to see the video, head over to my Facebook page by clicking here!
1. Lie on your stomach with your hands just outside the tops of your shoulders as in a push-up position.
2. Inhale deeply and begin pressing your upper body upward off the floor, but make sure your hips stay on the ground.
3. As you push your body upward, exhale, pretending you are blowing yourself up off the floor.
4. It is important to relax your buttocks, legs and spinal muscles.
5. Inhale as you slowly lower your body to the floor.
6. Repeat 10 times.
It’s important that you make sure that you’re not in pain doing this stretch. If your lower back starts to hurt, you’ve gone too far. Allow your body to go as far as possible and with time and TLC you will notice that you’re able to increase the stretch!